Our Study Methods – A Workshop and Blended e-Learning Approach
There are many different approaches to learning. It can take on many shapes or forms, depending on the teachers and learners involved. LEDISA Academy acknowledge the fact that affordable learning is important for most employers and learners as well as the fact that most of our learners are full time employees. For this reason, we offer more than one learning option – from blended e-learning in the comfort of your home, to attending a workshop.
We believe in small groups, and personal attention to the needs of each learner. For this reason we accept a maximum of 8 learners per workshop. We do not pre-schedule our workshops, but rather work with learners that are really interested in attending one of our workshops. Learners approach us with their interest and/or application, we then schedule a workshop on a regular basis and communicate this to our learners.
We offer the following study methods:
Study Method 1: Blended e-Learning (Our most popular and affordable option)
“Blended e-Learning” refers to the fact that the learner will not be handed a learning manual and then left on his/her own to go through a self-study programme. We guide the learner by way of a structured, interactive process consisting of tutorial letters, video lectures, self-development quizzes, assignments, exercises and self-assessments. This is a step-by-step approach that assist the learner to work through the learning programme. In the instance of assessments, the learner will be taken through the required project/portfolio page by page. The facilitators are available during office hours for telephonic and/or Skype contact and a few hours of one-on-one coaching are included in the programme cost if needed.
Benefits of Blended e-Learning
- Because of the speed and ease in which e-Learning is delivered, the costs of learning are drastically reduced.
- Learners set their own learning pace and complete the programme based on the time available. This can be done within a few hours, one to two weeks or even within a few months.
- Payment terms available – affording more people the opportunity to develop their skills on manageable terms.
- Facilitator is available daily during office hours for assistance and support.
- Cuts down on possible accommodation and travel costs associated with undertaking a course – no travel time is needed to get to and from training events.
- Learners can focus on elements of a programme they need to learn and can skip what they already know.
- Increased production in the workplace – no need for taking leave to attend workshops.
- Greater ability to apply the new knowledge or processes on the job – learners can test their new-found knowledge daily while studying in a real-life environment.
- Better long-term retention of information – research shown that people remembers 90% of what they read, see, hear and do.
- One-on-one coaching sessions will be scheduled for assistance if needed, and before completion and/or submission of any assessment activities.
- After assessment, if not competent, learner can re-submit the assessment or parts of the assessment free of charge.
- Live online monthly tutoring classes for selected courses.
Study Method 2: Workshop Attendance
- All training material is made available on the first morning of the workshop.
- Tutoring is done by way of facilitation, individual- and team exercises, videos and a PowerPoint presentation.
- The facilitator is available after the workshop for enquiries by phone, Skype and/or E-Mail daily from 11 am – 2 pm.
Workshop Learning Process
- Attendance of a three to five day workshop for learning, completion of knowledge questionnaire and Portfolio of Evidence.
- Completion and Submission of Workbook and Portfolio of Evidence.
- Post-assessment feedback meeting (as and when required).
(Time for completion: 8 Weeks from first day of workshop)
[All subjects (whether trained in the classroom environment or distance learning) will be tested by LEDISA Academy via formative and summative assessment methods].