Become a Workplace Mentor
We’ll teach you to guide learners in their career and developmental options.
We offer accredited mentor training for those who really want to make a difference. Our training takes place over a period of two days, and is accessed in these ways:
- Public courses are not pre-scheduled. Learners apply for attendance, we then schedule a public workshop on a regualar basis (usually on a 6-weekly basis)
- In-house courses for organisations or sectors’
- Blended e-Learning option in our Virtual e-Learning Centre. Our most affordable and popular option.
For in-house courses learners hand in their portfolios as they leave the workshop, so the return on investment is optimal.
Prices for in-house workshops can be negotiated and will vary depending on number of participants
Who should be trained as a mentor?
If you need to guide and support learners, then this is for you. You will also learn to refer learners for appropriate counselling or to career information agencies.
Once you have completed the course, you will be able to guide learners in their career and developmental options.
The following people should attend this course:
- Line staff responsible for guidence of employees or learners
- HR and HRD practitioners
- Teachers, lecturers and trainers.
What entry qualification is needed?
All you need is a qualification (or equivalent competence) in the occupation or subject matter in which you will practice mentoring.
How long does it take?
- Our workshops and in-house courses run over three to five days. Portfolios and part assessment are completed on the last day of the workshop.
- Blended e-Learning: Learners set their own learning pace and complete the programme based on the time available. This can be done within a few hours, one to two weeks or even within a few months.
What you learn
Our workshop equips you to understand:
- source and maintain information to assist and support learners
- provide assistance and support to learners
- maintain records of assistance and support provided
- review support services.
What material is supplied?
- You will receive a book entitled Mentoring, which contains the theory for the course based on the Unit Standard 117865: Assist and support learners to manage their learning experiences, NQF level 4 with 5 credits.
- You also receive a portfolio framework to help you complete your portfolio of evidence. The instruments will be ideal for re-use in your workplace.
During the workshop learners will prepare a portfolio of evidence to submit for assessment against the unit standard. As soon as you are found competent, and once we has received endorsement from the ETDP SETA, it will issue the necessary certificate. This will prove competence and can be used as evidence for registration with your relevant SETA.
We can do a quote on in-house training for 8 or more learners. Please click here or send your requirements.
Systems implementation and RPL
In addition to delivering courses in mentoring, we can help you set up a complete mentoring system within the workplace, as well as implement a recognition of prior learning (RPL) system.
If you have already done mentoring training, we can help you get certificated by doing an RPL assessment.