Become a Workplace Coach
We’ll teach you to identify skills development opportunities and provide structured and targeted learning in the workplace.
We offer accredited coach training for those who really want to make a difference. Our training takes place over a period of two days, and is accessed in these ways:
- Public courses are not pre-scheduled. Learners apply for attendance, we then schedule a public workshop on a regualar basis (usually on a 6-weekly basis)
- In-house courses for organisations or sectors’
- Blended e-Learning option in our Virtual e-Learning Centre. Our most affordable and popular option.
Prices for in-house workshops can be negotiated and will vary depending on number of participants
Who should be trained as a coach?
This course is meant for practitioners who have to identify and provide structured and targeted skills development opportunities in the workplace, for individuals or small groups.
Once you have completed the course, you will be able to help learners to acquire specific skills in order to do their work, by showing then how to do the work, letting them do it, and evaluating the result.
The following people should attend this course:
- Line staff responsible for training in the workplace
- HR and HRD practitioners
- Teachers, lecturers and trainers.
What entry qualification is needed?
You need to have a qualification at least equal to that of the learners, in the area in which you will be doing coaching.
How long does it take?
- Our workshops and in-house courses run over three to five days. Portfolios and part assessment are completed on the last day of the workshop.
- Blended e-Learning: Learners set their own learning pace and complete the programme based on the time available. This can be done within a few hours, one to two weeks or even within a few months.
What you learn
Our workshop equips you to understand:
- prepare for one-on-one training on the job
- conduct training sessions
- monitor and report on learner progress
- review training
What material is supplied?
- You will receive a book entitled Coaching Learners, which contains the theory for the course based on the Unit Standard 117877: Perform one-on-one training on the job, NQF level 3 with 4 credits.
- You also receive a portfolio framework to help you complete your portfolio of evidence.
We can do a quote on in-house training for 8 or more learners.
Systems implementation and RPL
In addition to delivering courses in coaching, we can help you set up a complete coaching system within the workplace.
We can also help you implement a recognition of prior learning (RPL) system.
If you have already done coaching training, we can help you get certificated by doing an RPL assessment.