National Certificate ODETD Practices
The National Certificate ODETD: Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices (Qualification 50334) is offered by LEDISA Academy in the form of 6 Study Schools (Skills Programmes). All six study schools are compulsory programmes and learners complete the learning programme over a minimum period of 12 months and maximum period of 24 months. This Learning Programme consists of 120 Credits on NQF Level 5.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Grade 12 or Equivalent NQF4 Level Qualification.
- English Literacy Skills on NQF Level 4.
- It is assumed that practitioners have expertise in the subject/occupation field in which they intend to provide education, training and development, at a level required to engage meaningfully in ETD within that field.
- Recognition of Prior Learning: This qualification can be achieved wholly or in part through Recognition of Prior Learning in terms of the defined exit level outcomes and/or individual unit standards.
This qualification is for those who want to build on a potential career in the field of Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices (ODETD), and have little or no previous exposure to Education, Training & Development (ETD). The qualification will also be valuable for those who may have been practising within the field, but without formal recognition. This qualification will be useful for:
- Learning facilitators.
- Learner and learning supporters.
- Skills Development Facilitators.
- Learning Material Designers.
This qualification will provide practitioners with the general ETD skills required at NQF level 5 across five key ETD roles, with the opportunity to specialise further in one of the following two roles:
- Design and develop learning interventions.
- Facilitate skills development.
(Successful learners get certified against the individual Unit Standards applicable, and receive full credits towards the Qualification)