Become a Certified Assessor
“A good assessor course teaches learners the ability to assess the work and evidence of people. Don’t listen to their words of people, but watch their actions and work.”
Purpose of this Assessor Course
This assessor course is for those who assess people for their achievement of learning outcomes in terms of specified criteria using pre-designed assessment instruments. The outcomes and criteria may be defined in a range of documents including but not limited to unit standards, exit level outcomes, assessment standards, curriculum statements and qualifications. Those who successfully complete this assessor training, will be able to conduct assessments within their fields of expertise.
SAQA regulations stipulate that prospective assessors who wish to register and be accredited as Assessors, must be competent and need a certificate against the unit standard: Conduct Outcomes-Based Assessment
Who should attend this assessor course?
- Lecturers, teachers and facilitators currently facilitating.
- Any person with the intention to become a certified assessor.
- Education & Training Practitioners.
- Sales and marketing personnel.
- HR and HRD practitioners.
- Line Managers & Supervisors.
- Subject Matter Experts in Education.
- Workplace Coaches & Mentors.
What is the entry requirements?
Numeracy and Literacy Skills on NQF 4 Level
Basic English Communication Skills on NQF Level 4
- Our workshops and in-house courses run over three to five days. Portfolios and final assessment are completed on the last day of the workshop of the Power Workshop.
- Blended e-Learning: Learners set their own learning pace and complete the programme based on the time available. This can be done within a few hours, one to two weeks or even within a three months.
How long does it take to complete the assessor course?
- Workshop attendance: 3 Days
- Power Course: Including Portfolio of Evidence: 5 Days (In-house only)
- Blended e-Learning option: 6 Weeks to complete self-study & 6 weeks to complete final assessment Phase.
Assessor Course Outline
- Understanding OBE Assessment
- The History of the NQF
- The Structure of the NQF
- Workplace & Sector Skills Plans
- Legislative Framework
- A New Approach: QCTO
- Lifelong Learning
- Management of Assessments
- Qualifications, Standards & Outcomes
- Types of Assessments
- Types of Evidence
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Assessment Principles & Methods
- Prepare for Assessments
- The Assessment Process
- Parties Involved in Assessment
- Pre-Assessment Moderation Requirements
- Assessment Plan
- Assessment Details
- Preparing the Candidates
- Conduct Assessments
- Best Practices
- Assessment Instruments
- Sufficient Evidence
- Gathering of Evidence
- Judgement of Evidence
- Recording & Safekeeping
- Provide Feedback on Assessments
- Types of Feedback
- Feedback Criteria
- The Feedback Report
- Review Assessment
- Stakeholder & Learner Feedback
- Review, Strengths & Weaknesses
- Improvements & Recommendations
Unit Standard Alignment
Unit Standard Detail
SAQA US Number: 115753
US Title: Conduct outcomes-based assessment
NQF Level: Level 5
Credits obtained during this skills programme will contribute towards qualification 50334, NC: Occupationally Directed Education, Training and Development Practices, NQF Level 5
The programme is facilitated by a competent subject matter specialist/s, who utilises the following techniques to ensure that the session is practical and experiential: Lecture, Exercises, Discussion, Role Plays, Case Studies, PowerPoint Presentation, Videos, Simulations, and Learner Assessment.
Language of Delivery
- Upon successful completion, the learner will receive a Letter of Competence.
- Upon verified Competence, the learner will receive a Certificate of Competence from LEDISA Academy, as well as a Statement of Results issued by ETDP SETA.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Outcomes Based Assessment and how it should work.
- Analyse and evaluate source documentation to determine if it is adequate, relevant and valid.
- Prepare for Assessment, ensuring that all the elements necessary to complete the process are in place.
- Conduct Assessments in an efficient and effective way without putting learners under undue pressure.
- Provide feedback on Assessments in a way that ensures the learner is fully informed on his or her performance
- Review Assessments so that the organisation can be sure that the process is being applied consistently
LEDISA Academy (Pty) Ltd is accredited for this assessor course with the ETDP SETA. Accreditation Number ETDPS1400, with validity until 30 March 2023. Proof of Registration available on request.