Become an Assessment Designer
Assessments are only as good as the instruments used. We’ll teach you how to design assessment instruments and evidence guides fit for purpose. You will also learn to develop assessment activities.
We offer accredited training on the Design and Develop Outcomes-Based Assessment unit standard. Our training takes place place over a period of two days, and can be accessed in three ways:
- Public courses are not pre-scheduled. Learners apply for attendance, we then schedule a public workshop on a regualar basis (usually on a 6-weekly basis)
- In-house courses for organisations or sectors’
- Blended e-Learning option in our Virtual e-Learning Centre. Our most affordable and popular option.
Prices for in-house workshops can be negotiated and will vary depending on number of participants.
Unit Standards Covered:
- Unit Standard 115755 – Design and develop outcomes-based assessments – NQF Level 6 – Credits 10
Do assessment designer training with us and get:
- results within four weeks of handing in your portfolio
- an understanding of how to design assessment instruments at work
Who should be trained as designers?
- Line staff such as supervisors responsible for assessment in the workplace
- HR and HRD practitioners
- Teachers, lecturers and trainers.
What entry qualification is needed?
You should be able to analyse and interpret unit standards and qualifications. You should be a certificated assessor as candidates who have been trained as assessors find the course much easier to master.
How long does it take?
- Our workshops and in-house courses run over three days. Portfolios and part assessment are completed on the last day of the workshop.
- Blended e-Learning: Learners set their own learning pace and complete the programme based on the time available. This can be done within a few hours, one to two weeks or even within a few months.
What you learn
Our workshop equips you to:
- understand design principles of outcomes-based assessment
- design outcomes-based assessments
- develop assessment activities
- develop assessment guides
- evaluate assessment designs and guides.
If you have already done assessment design training, we can help you get certificated by doing an RPL assessment
In addition to running courses in design, we can help you set up a complete design, assessment and moderation system within the workplace.